1. Cass and Em correspond through Messenger and emails with attachments. How effective is this? Does it engage the reader? Make it contemporary? Suit the style of novel?
2. Cass goes through some terrible experiences. Which of these engages the reader most and how effective has the writer been in portraying Cass's feelings?
3. The author aims to set readers thinking about the issues that arise for people of unusual appearance. Has she succeeded in this, and if so, how?
4. What other issues are covered in this book?
5. Em's own life is not straightforward. Why do you think the writer thought it necessary for Em to have her own problems?
6. Spider is eager to call Cass his girlfriend. What reasons for this are given in the novel?
7. A story like this cannot have a completely happy ending. How has the writer created an optimistic ending?
8. Which minor character do you like, or hate, and why?
Click to add text, images, and other content